Sunday 15 February 2009

To My Valentine

So yesterday was Valentine's Day, and I spent it doing absolutely NOTHING!! - My day was perfect!

I'm not a huge believer in the whole show your love on one particular day, but I must admit that it is nice when you are made to feel special on February 14th!

As woman on her quest to find true love, and I believe it's out there, as I'm a true romantic, plus having witnessed my grandparents love and devotion first hand, and watched my sisters' 17 year relationship and marriage blossom, I honestly believe that it is possible and refuse to settle for anything less!

Sure I've kissed many a frog on my search for my Prince, but during my search I got a little distracted, fantasied about a relationship that meant more to me than what I would like to admit!

Is it possible to forsake true happiness for a dream that is unobtaianble? AND how easy is it for us to get SO caught up in our fantasy that we forgo our reality, and at what time do we tell ourselves to snap out of it?

For me that time has arrived, I'm nearly 30 and I want that fairytale; you know the one, house, a kid, a husband! We've all read the book, you know what I'm saying! So it's time to be pro-active, but how does one go about finding 'The One' when 'The One' has been seemingly found, albeit a fantasy?

Answers on a postcard, or if you prefer leave me a comment, in today's economy it's cheaper! LOL

...I'll be back after this short intermission! (",)

2 comments:

Essy said...

Ya keep kissing frogs till you come across that prince! But don't make your entire life revolve around this idea. Just have fun doing whatever. The guys who'll see you having fun doing something they enjoy too will want to get to know you, and that narrows down the options a bit. Then among them you'll likely find Mr. Right.

Harlem Loves said...

I can sooo relate to this post. Loving your blog too